Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Joys of August










As I reflect on the past month, I am reminded of the following joys of August:

Time with my grandparents.

An auspicious RA Training: One WUrld, One Dream!

The spirit of the Olympics: One World, One Dream!

New life: the birth of John Nields-Duffy: August 23, 2008.

The hope of a new year: meeting my 10 frosh advisees, the KY frosh, 90 students in our Psych. 105 class, and many other new students: Welcome to Washington U!

The opportunity to team teach a course: The Psychology of Young Adult Development.

An unexpected gift from a colleague. The thoughtfulness truly touched my heart.

History and the audacity to hope.

Facebook! I have reconnected with many, many friends and that brings me joy.

As E.M. Forrester says, "Only connect."

As August comes to a close, I have a joyful heart and look forward to September and cooler weather.

What brought you joy in August??

No comments: