Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Joy of Time

As I mentioned in my last post, I am embarking on my 16th year at Washington University. It is hard to believe that I began my career in 1993 at the age of 23. Wow! On many levels, time has flown by but it also stood still. The freshman reading program book last year "Einstein's Dreams" was all about time. I find myself thinking a lot about time lately. Phrases that have surfaced in the last few days:

College is the best time of your life.
Use your time wisely.
Manage your time.
You will have the time of your life.

I have a simple time management philosophy: you make time for what is important to you. You can't buy time, save time, stock pile time--you must live in the present moment. Worrying about the past and fearing the future distracts us from the present. We miss out on the here and now because we are living in the past or hurrying to get to the
future.

Finding joy in the present moment...now that is something that is worth my time!

What is your time management philosophy?

No comments: