Thursday, May 17, 2012

What do you want to be when you grow up?


On the eve of Washington University's commencement, I wonder how many graduating seniors are reflecting on what they want to be when they grow up.  How many times have we asked others that question and how often have we asked ourselves the very same question?

Because let's face it--even grown-ups still ask themselves that question. I know that I ask myself on a regular basis: What do I want to be when I grow up?

I want to make a difference on a daily basis. I want to impact, connect, listen, care, be, give back, stretch, challenge, and model love and light.

I want to surround myself with bold, creative thinkers who challenge me to be a better person. I want to connect with others who care more about others than they care about their individual success.

I want to explore possibilities with seekers, dreamers, and activists.

• I want to meditate.
• I want to pray.
• I want to write.
• I want to laugh.
• I want to teach.
• I want to learn.
• I want to dream big.
• I want to let my life speak.

When it’s all said and done, I want to live in the present moment, spend time with the people that I love, honor and learn from my past, and contribute to making this world a better place. I want to leave people and places better than when I found them.

I want to live my life with joy and gusto.  
I want to be happy!

What do you want to be when you grow up?

No comments: