Thursday, August 20, 2009

Washington U Move-In Day!




“Because how we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”
-Annie Dillard

I spent my day meeting, greeting, and welcoming 1515 first year students and their families to Washington University! This is my 17th WU orientation, and I love spending my days on a college campus learning, teaching, growing, challenging, laughing, and connecting. In fact, I have spent over half of my life in a university setting.

Today was a terrific reminder of why I love what I do....I consider it more than a job, it is a calling. Interacting with others and having the opportunity to meet such amazing, talented human beings and helping them create lives of meaning and purpose brings me joy.

I cannot imagine spending my days in any other way. I agree with Annie Dillard and am grateful for move-in day---my favorite day of the year!

No comments: